Friday, May 3, 2013

Cling Wrapping & Holo Stamping

Hi all,


Happy Friday!  We're supposed to have a super nice weekend here on the east coast and I'm sooo looking forward to hanging out in the sun :)

Just a quickie today:


This started out with a base of Julep Rose, which I wore alone for a little while.  But not being able to leave plain nails alone, I applied OPI Pink Friday on top and then used the clingwrap method to remove some of it.  I usually apply another colour using the cling wrap but decided to go a different route this time and liked the outcome a lot!  I found it had more of a marbled look.


Then using Ricki's Frosty Lavender (a color club dupe) I stamped the stripes using one of my Gals plate whose number I can't recall right now.  This was so pretty but I suck at taking photos of holo polish so the above picture will have to do.  Trust me when I say though that this does it no justice - it was much prettier irl!


Have a great weekend!  Thanks for reading :)

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty manicure! I really like that the holo stamping isn't completely opaque, and shows off a little bit of the undies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Almost like a pink tweed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh I never saw it that way but now I totally can! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Wow this looks awesome! I love the texture from using the clingwrap :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would cling wrap all the nails if there weren't so many other things I wanted to do lol.

      Delete
  4. I trust you when you say it looked amazing in real-life! This would totally catch my eye if I saw it in person!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)