Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fantasy Fire

Hi all!

Sorry for my absence again - this time I have a cold from hell to blame.  I spent my entire Thanksgiving weekend cooped up in my empty apartment trying to get better.  I slept, sat on the couch and watched movies, and slept some more.  The joys of living a few provinces away from family and having a fiance in the Canadian Navy, no one came to my rescue! :P  Such a crappy weekend, but I'm finally feeling better!  :)  I hope all my Canadian readers had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend though!




A few months ago, a lovely lady that I met through PAA offered to buy a bunch of us the gorgeous Max Factor Fantasy Fire.  At first I passed on it, but then I actually had a dream about it, and so the very next day I sent her payment and a few weeks later it arrived in my mailbox.  And it took me THIS long to try it out.


I layered it over one of my favourite polishes, Nails Inc. Baker Street.  These two polishes were seriously meant for each other.  Baker Street is stunning on it's own, but add the extra glitz of Fantasy Fire over it - WOW!  I just comes to life, and glows, and shifts colours, and just.. sparkles.  So, so stunning.


For the accent I used Orly Dayglow, then sponged on Baker Street, and stamped using BM-317 and Essie Blue Rhapsody.

(Sorry for the chipped nail!  I took these photos right before taking this mani off)

18 comments:

  1. Aw I'm glad to hear you're getting better!
    This is beautiful! I love the accent!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think FF has the ability to make everything look gorgeous :)

      Delete
  2. I just got Fantasy Fire today from a lovely blogger at catsnnails so I'm excited! Baker Street is absolutely gorgeous and I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for getting FF!
      Thanks - I'm on the mend :)

      Delete
  3. Yay, you got one! :). FF is so amazingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I got it because I dreamt that Bones (the show - I'm obsessed) found a severed foot that had FF painted on it's toes LOL!

      Delete
  4. I love Fantasy Fire! Might be tempted to wear it tomorrow after seeing this :-) Love your accent nail too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome! Fantasy Fire looks amazing over Baker Street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I seen the combo on instagram and went home that night to do this mani. It's like they're meant for each other!

      Delete
  6. That is a gorgeous combination! Love the accent nail too! Hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the well wishes - I'm on my way, I just need the cough to be gone for good :)

      Delete
  7. This turned out sooo beautiful. I really like the accent nail and how much character it adds to the manicure :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. man, this is fabulous!!! I thought you did a true gradient first and then I read it's sponged on.. awesome!!! I love the stamp too!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)