Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stamping Fail?

Hi all!

Quick post showing you my latest stamped mani.  I got the new Bundle Monster plates and I was dying to use them.  I decided on the lightning bolt image.  My stamping wasn't terrible, but I certainly had to fill in some areas with my black striping polish.  And then, when I added top coat it smeared like crazy!  It looks good if you're not looking at it from too close ;)



I started with a base of Essie - A Crewed Interest and Navigate Her for the accent.  I added a coat of Essie's As Gold as it Gets on top of Navigate Her, then individually placed gold glitter bits from from Orly Sashay My Way on top.
 

For the rest of the nails I stamped the lightening bolts using WnW Black Creme.  Then my top coat smeared them so in an effort to cover that up a bit I added a coat of Essie's Pure Pearlfection :)

Not a bad stamping effort for my first time in a while, but definitely far from my best work.  Ah well, can't have them all hey?


Essie - A Crewed Interest
Essie - Navigate Her
Essie - As Gold as it Gets
Orly - Sashay my Way
Essie - Pure Pearlfection

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're all enjoying your Wednesday!
 

5 comments:

  1. I think it has a neat look to it. Like a rock and roll t-shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, too bad they smeared! I still think they look really cute, I've been wanting to try stamping for a while. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks very nice!
    I've had mine smear a lot, I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome polishes colors! I love A Crewed Interest :D Hehe no fail! Looks great! You can't see the smear as much hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can barely see any smearage, I think it looks great! Applying topcoat always scares me whenever I have done dots or any form of nail art really. I always glob on A LOT of topcoat so that my brush never actually touches my design. Props to you for individually placing the glitter on your nail!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)