Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bright Fishtails

Hi all!

Sorry my lack of posting - I've been spending a lot of time at work/school trying to wrap some things up before I head out to Alberta for two weeks.  I haven't even been doing anything to my nails besides straight up painting, I just don't have the time.   I had contemplated doing a bunch of manis and scheduling posts for my two weeks away but it won't happen, so there will be yet another hiatus from me.  Hope you're all okay with that ;)

Here's a quick mani I did a few weeks back using Sarah at Chalkboard Nail's tutorial.  I loved how easy this was!



 For this look I started out with a base of OPI - Kiss me on the Tulips.  I ALMOST left it bare, I was loving the pink so much, but I went for the fishtails regardless and I was pretty happy that I did.


I then added the first fishtails pattern using OPI - Fly, and the tips were covered up with China Glaze - I'm with the Lifeguard, and amazing shimmery neon green!


The only downside to this mani was my impatience.  I didn't wait long enough for the polishes to dry between coats, and in the end it was way too thick and I kept getting dings at tips.  And I got a little bit of shrinkage too.  I still wore this for a couple of days though, occasionally fixing it up until it decided to completely crack on me so I sadly removed it.

Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. I love this, the colors look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors, awesome! :) did a great job. mine would never look that good! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, summery colors! Enjoy your vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour combination! I saw this tutorial and she really made it look easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this looks awesome! i LOVE the color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute! I love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)