Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do

Hi all!

There's a new challenge of sorts over at the Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenges group called Monkey See Monkey Do Monday's (okay, and as per usual I'm a few days late).  It's pretty self explanatory, find a mani that someone else did that you loved, and re-create, but always give credit where credit is due!

I chose to recreate this gorgeous mani done by Leslie at Polish Art Addiction.


The link posted to the original mani shows a tutorial on how to achieve this look if you're interested in having a go at this!

For this mani I used a base of NOPI - I'm a Belieber, my first ever purple creme.  Then on the two accent nails I added 2 black strips on either side using milani nail art polish, then I used a small brush and added a blue strip using GOSH - Pool Party. 


Using the nail art polish I created the geometrical design in the middle, then dotted China Glaze Electric Beat.  I then painted on small triangles on using Electric Beat, OPI Steady as she Rose and China Glaze Lemon Fizz 



I love love love how it turned out.  It's not as perfect and straight as Leslie's mani, but I could live with that, the colours go great together and it was just a fun and very 'me' mani.


NOPI - I'm a Belieber
Gosh - Pool Party
China Glaze - Electric Beat
OPI - Steady as she Rose
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz
Milani Nail Art in black



7 comments:

  1. I love this, you did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I think you recreated it wonderfully! I think I like yours even better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this is pretty! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love this - you did a great job xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)